kidney transplant recipient is 4 weeks pregnant
I was hoping to come across someone else with the same situation going on. I am 27 years old and have had 2 kidney transplants. It has been 4 years now with this second one and I've been so healthy and good. I'm scared of losing that fortune now that I'm pregnant. I see my doctor on wednesday to go through all the stuff. I'm mainly nervous about that.
I understand your concern regarding your condition. Were you able to see your doctor the last time? Outcomes of pregnancy for the maternal transplant recipient must focus on the affect of the pregnancy on maternal graft function. Preexisting kidney disease is an independent risk factor for preeclampsia, prematurity, low birth weight, and neonatal death. The degree of renal dysfunction, preexisting hypertension, and the extent of proteinuria are important considerations. Regular consult with your attending physician is highly recommended during this time. Take care and best regards.