macular dystrophy
is there any eye transplant that can be done to people suffering from macula dystrophy, or an medication. does the severity of macula dystrophy increase untill it becomes total blindness, mine was diagonised when i was still at at tender age and now am 23.
I was diagnosed with Starghardt's disease when I was 6 and I am now 30.  It is a form of macular dystrophy.  My vision slowly got worse little by little.  I am legally blind and have been all my life.  I too am hoping for something to correct my eyes.  From what I have heard there are many things in the works from retinal transplants, to artificial retinas, microscopic lenses that are put into the eye, stem cell research, and lazer procedures that are currently being worked on.  Maybe they will be able to perfect on of these forms of treatment and those of us with macular dystrophy will be able to see good one of these days.  I look at it this way, if they can smooth out stretch marks with a lazer, why can't they smooth out the scar tissue in the back of my eye?  I'm hoping that all their plans and ideas pay off and tat they finally get a break through but at the moment it is all experimental.  I wish I had better news for you.  If you hear anything different keep me posted.
Lah 13 Iam also 33 age suffering from best vitellyform macular dystrophy. Did you find any treatment. Can you give your mobile number i will betuch wih you.