Transplants Community
retina dystrophy please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

retina dystrophy please help

Hello my daughter was diagnosed with having myopia when she was 8months ever since she has been wearing strong glasses  as she keeps growing her myopia becomes worse she is 6 yrs old now and she is-16 and -17 they sent her for testings such as an a scan they took pictures and she will have an erg they said i should look out for retina detachment at anytime because of her myopia being so advanced i over heard her diagnosis is retina dystrophy she now has myopia astigmatism nystagmus stabismus and she also has night blindness is there any suggestions for a child with all these eye complications anything i can do to help
Hi,
How is your daughter? I'm sorry to hear about her eye conditions. Retinal dystrophy is a general term that encompasses a wide range of retinal diseases  that have similar visual symptoms. This condition may occur spontaneously but may also be inherited. I recommend that you talk to her attending physician and discuss her diagnosis and management especially if you were not able to get the diagnosis directly. Seeking another ophthalmologist's opinion may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...