Transplants Community
skull replacement after sever head injury..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

skull replacement after sever head injury..

my sister met with a major accident on 10/12/12.
she has been unconscious since then due to a major head injury.. her left front skull had been taken out due to swelling.. now doctors are planning to put an artificial bone at that area.. she is still unconscious.. is it safe? will that make her recover and get back to her consciousnesses??

thank you..
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How is your sister? I'm sorry to hear about her accident last year. Skull replacement may indeed be indicated if the front skull have been removed.  While this may help her regain consciousness, there are other factors to be considered such as the extent of the injury, her medical history, results of diagnostic tests, type of procedure being contemplated, experience of the surgeon, and the symptoms present.  Considering these factors, the best person to discuss this is her attending physician, and it is highly recommended that you talk to him or her to ease any worry. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you Mr Santosh for replying.. her surgery is soon going to take place.. Are there any disadvantages of the artificial skull implant? i have researched about it allot and have learned that there are chances of infection also?
Blank
Hi,
How are you? How was your sister's surgery? Any surgical procedure may have complications such as infection, bleeding or swelling. Antibiotics may be given during or after the operation. Take care and hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...