Transplants Community
transplant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

transplant

now at the stage for being referred for assessment for transplant what can i expect see Dr again on the 14th of May for next blood results and they took 20 tubes of blood...
Yea, they really drain you. This one is probably the one where they test you for every know disease you can think of to see if you have already had it or not, cytomegalovirus, epstein-barr, mononucleoses, ad naseum!

Later, after you are on the list, they will do another huge blood draw testing for antigens for matching. I think on one of the draws from me they took 27 tubes!

It has been over 5 years since my transplant. Hope you are successful and all goes well for you.

Fingers crossed :-)
thanks so very much for the info and glad your doing well...
what kind of transplant are you being evaluated for?