Transplants Community
uterer repair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

uterer repair

Are there any hospitals that reconstruct two damaged uterers?  my daughter is 42 and she has two damaged uterers.  they can't place stents, the scartissue is too severe. she has nephroscopy tubes that cause severe infections, the specialists in Stanford Ca. doesn't know what else to do, says he has only worked on one uterer.  she works hard to stay well, she is a fighter, but I see her getting weaker and am afraid by the time anyone knows what to do she'll get too weak for the proceedure.  can anyone help her?  if there is a possiblity, I will have her give you any information you may need to give her advice.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your daughter and agree that she is a real fighter! If the stents are not working and the neprostomy tubes are getting infected, then both ureters can be repaired laparoscopically. Traditional surgery can also be performed if your daughter can withstand the surgery and gets clearance for it. If your current specialist is not confident about this, maybe your daughter can be referred to a hospital where these surgeries are done. Please ask the specialist regarding this. If nothing can be done, then dialysis is the only option. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.