Transplants Community
waiting list

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

waiting list

I have had to have a hysterectomy and I would like to be put on the waiting list for a uterus transplant.  My only dream is to have another child and it hurts so bad because I want another child so bad and I can't get over it.  Please let me know how to get on the waiting list.  I would be willing to participate in the experimental procedures.  Thankyou,
Amy Montoya
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Very few cases of uterine transplants have been reported and it is not clear whether these women have been able to have a baby. Hence another option for you can be having a baby via a surrogate mother using the IVF procedure. Consult an infertility expert for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Is there even a waiting list? I am a 23 year old with MRKH, and my whole world would be given to being able to have a child.
If there is a waiting list; I seriously want to know.