Dog Bite
Hello Doctor !

Me & my daughter have been bitten by my dog and the dog has expired after expiered on 4th day, we both have been given 2 shot of rebipur (till date) and doctor has said that we have to complete the course of 6 shots. My question is that is it complete treatment or i need go for another medicines also;

Regards,

Male Scorpion

In addition to completing the rabies post-exposure vaccination schedule, other considerations include: risk of infection (any bite, human or animal, has a high risk of local infection).

You should be very mindful of the appearance of the wound and should you observe evidence suggesting infection (symptoms include but are not limited to - redness, warmth, swelling, increasing pain, fever), you should seek medical care immediately.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical or legal advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
we have taken 2 shot of rebipur on 0 & 3 day (others are dues), My question is that we have not taken the shot of Immune Globulin, will it affet in future ??

Please repeat your question. I am not sure what you are asking ...."will it affet in future"?

~•~ Dr. Parks

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.