Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
Dog Bite
About This Forum:

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dog Bite

Hello Doctor !

Me & my daughter have been bitten by my dog and the dog has expired after expiered on 4th day, we both have been given 2 shot of rebipur (till date) and doctor has said that we have to complete the course of 6 shots. My question is that is it complete treatment or i need go for another medicines also;

Regards,

Male Scorpion
Related Discussions
Hello,

In addition to completing the rabies post-exposure vaccination schedule, other considerations include: risk of infection (any bite, human or animal, has a high risk of local infection).

You should be very mindful of the appearance of the wound and should you observe evidence suggesting infection (symptoms include but are not limited to - redness, warmth, swelling, increasing pain, fever), you should seek medical care immediately.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical or legal advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
3 Comments
Blank
we have taken 2 shot of rebipur on 0 & 3 day (others are dues), My question is that we have not taken the shot of Immune Globulin, will it affet in future ??
Blank
Hello,

Please repeat your question. I am not sure what you are asking ...."will it affet in future"?

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical or legal advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
Philip D Parks, MD, MPH, MOccH, F...Blank
Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank