Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
Flu or no flu

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

Flu or no flu
My six year old came home from school 7 days ago with diarrhea but did NOT vomit.Then 5 days ago my 2,4 AND 11 year old along with my hubby came down with SEVERE vomiting and diarrhea.Yesterday the 6 year old got better after six days but he NEVER vomited .My 4 year old seemed better today then he just vomited a ton after not vomiting since the first 24 hrs.My 11 year old  has not gotten any better at all.Hubby feels it restrengthening and 2 year old still has severe diarrhea.This is the worst stomach bug my hub has ever seen.He is 50.Seems strange the first infected never vomited and is better while all others are still NOT on upswing.I am 41 and have yet to show any symptons,

Do you have a specific question?

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.