Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
In case of 1st dose as VeroRab, Which Other Safe (Alternate) Rabies vac...

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

In case of 1st dose as VeroRab, Which Other Safe (Alternate) Rabies vaccine can be used in case of non-availability of VeroRab?
I take 1st dose of rabies vaccine as VeroRab. Now I am transferred to Other Place, Here VeroRab is not available. Which Other Safe (Alternate) rabies vaccine I can use to continue vaccination?.

The gold standard for up to date recommendations in the United States is our Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/resources/acip_recommendations.html).

Please provide your location (country) and I can provide country specific information.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical or legal advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.