Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
In how much time, the Rabies virus died, If Exist At the Upper Round Co...

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

In how much time, the Rabies virus died, If Exist At the Upper Round Corners of a Steel Glass & in its Water?

Please tell that In how much time, the Rabies virus died, If Exist At the Upper Round Corners of a Steel Glass & in its Water?.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

In general, the answer to your question is "No". The rabies virus requires a very specific environment to live--warm, appropriate salt content, etc... (saliva in an animal or human).

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/transmission/exposure.html

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical or legal advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Could you please clarify what you question is and explain a bit more about the background and context of your question?

- Dr. Parks
yes sir,

Accidently, I drink rabies infective water. Please tell chances of rabies infection?. Can rabies virus survive in water?. I am very scared now & thinking about vaccination (injections) because of following symptoms: -

(1) When I try to sleep, sometimes, my chest move Upward with a sudden jerk. Is it spasm?.
(2) While sleeping, my hands sweep/move itself on the bed.
Sir, please tell, Through "which human body fluids", rabies virus generally enter & infect?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Rabies is typically transmitted from animal to animal (human) via a bite; i.e., the virus lives in the saliva of the rabid (or infected animal) and is transmitted to the blood stream of the bitten animal.

If you are considered about symptoms that you are experiencing, you should consider seeing a healthcare provider.

~•~ Dr. Parks