Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
Need help Against Rabies

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

Need help Against Rabies
I have a puppy of 45 days while feeding food my finger got hit to its teeth after a time blood came out.... i took rabipur injection on the nexy day... may i know wheather i get rabies?

If there is a risk of contracting rabies after an animal bite, it is important to follow the recommendations of the treating healthcare provider that administered the rabipur (this may mean that you have additional injections).

Rabies symptoms: http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/symptoms/index.html

•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.