Rifampin
I was put on Doxycycline 100mg twice daily & Rifampin 300mg 3xdaily for mrsa approximately 10 days ago. Since being on the Rifampin, my right side has been hurting in the upper right quadrant, under my ribs. It is also swollen. Has anyone else experienced this & if so, was it anything serious?

Although rare, rifampin has been associated with liver toxicity. The liver is located in the upper right quadrant of the abdomen.

How many days have you been taking the mediciine?

Do you take any other medicines every day?

http://www.medicinenet.com/rifampin-oral/page3.htm

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.