Vaccines/Titers
My result for Varicella titer came back negative. I do not have history of Chickenpox. I was given 2 Varicella vaccines in 2004 (couple of months apart). I need to show proof to my school that I have positive titer result for Varicella. I do not have medical insurance. What should I do? Can I get re vaccinated? In my case, is it possible to have no immunity even after getting vaccines. Please Help. Thanks.

There are a small percentage of people who may not have an immune response to the varicella vaccine after two doses of the vaccine. Or, it is possible that your immunity has waned over the last 8 years.

However, you might consider repeating the Varicella titer to make sure that the titer is truly negative.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.