Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
Varicella Zoster AB IgG
About This Forum:

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Varicella Zoster AB IgG

I had severe chicken pox as a child in. I almost died. The Drs told my mom they had never seen a case that severe I developed a infection and very high fever. Well I basically have been severely fatiuged since then and now Drs think I have possible Lupus ,scleroderma,or mixed connective tissue disease. The weird thing is my antibodies tests have all come up negative excepta 1 low positive ANA 1:80 speckled pattern and a moderate positive
SM-RNP but the SM part was negative only the RNP was pos.I keep having false positive Hepatitis C antibodies test off and on but all other HCV tests come back negative! I have no virus only the Antibodies ! There is absolutely no way I can have this disease NONE! I havent ever did drugs,had a blood transfusion,shared anything with anyone, My husband and I have only had sexual contact with each other we have been togeather since I was 13 and married since I was 16.I dont use anyones restoom but mine! I have always been this way and there is just no way I could have this! I have had lupus symptoms off and on for 12 years and was on prednisone for 1-2 years for a rash and other autoimmune symptoms after my 1st child was born. But when they did my prenatal blood work at the beginning of my pregnancy my Varicella Zoster AB IgG test result was very high more than normal! Here is the result: Normal range- <15.0   My result was : 106.7 ! I know this means I am immune to it but the Dr said it was odd being that high after so many years. It is still that high! I am having Kidney problems , and have had high liver enzymes for 6 years but the Gastro doesnt know why unless its caused by a autoimmune disease. Yet the rheumatologist tells me my autoimmune tests are negative and nothing is wrong but my Primary care physician along with many other drs know I have a autoimmune disease if not a few! My question is can this Varicella Ab cause all these other tests to show up negative? And can it cause false positive  Hepatitis C AB tests?