What do I do that there is no verorab in USA
I began the PEP for rabies in Ecuador and was given verorab for two doses. I would have to continue the rest doses in US. However there is no verorab here, what should I do? Can HDCV/PCEC OK to be used? which one is safer to be used with verorab?  Also considering the reason I am taking the PEP is mostly for peace of mind, is it better to just stop treatment?

Thank you very much!

The decision to begin (or continue) rabies prophylaxis/treatment is highly dependent upon the likelihood of you actually being exposed to rabies. This is a discussion that you should have with your current treating provider.

~•~ Dr. Parks

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Thank you Dr!