Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Expert Forum
flu vaccine

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.

flu vaccine
Is it safe to get a flu shot while your pregnant? I'm 6 1/2 Weeks & the Doctor told me I should get a flu shot is this ok our safe to do? Doors the shot make u get the flu?.

Yes, it is generally safe to receive the influenza ("flu") vaccine when you are pregnant. In fact, it is recommended by the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists as well as by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/pregnancy_influenza.html

It is not possible to get the flu from the vaccine.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.