Trigeminal Neuralgia Expert Forum
Any link between microadenoma and ATN?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Family and Friends Issues, Living with Trigeminal Neuralgia, Pain Management, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Surgery and Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Any link between microadenoma and ATN?

Back in Nov. 2007 I had an MRI due to a history of migraines and chronic headaches - it showed nothing but a few incidental findings. Starting in March went through an entire series of events, including dentists, my GP, and an endontist, only to reach a suspected diagnosis of TN. An MRI was ordered in late May to see if I had vascular compression. It didn't show it, but did show  3mm pituitary microadenoma. I know this is VERY small. But is it possible - even remotely, that this could be the culprit, given the timeline. Given it wasn't there in Nov., the symptoms started in March, and there it was in May? My TN symptoms came on very fast, have progressed and worsened very fast, and will not let up. Also, even though my prolactin levels are within range, I have other "symptoms" for this seemingly small tumor.