facial pain
I had a lower facelift 11 months ago.  I've had pins/needles pain on both sides of the face constantly -mainly the lower cheeks and temple area.  Could this be from compression of the marginal branch of the trigeminal nerve and be a form of atypical trigeminal or facial pain?  Could scar tissue or a neuroma from a surrounding nerve be agitating the nerve?  I also have tinnitus in my right ear that came after this surgery.  How should I address this issue?  I believe I've given it enough time to heal.  Do I need an MRI or nerve testing?  Wouldn't you feel this is correctable with the right approach, as this was a controlled operation and not a trauma as in an accident?  There are certain pressure points that I can press to make it feel better, but the pain will always start again.  I feel like I am moving something around that wants to resolve, but without surgical intervention there can be no correction.  Thank you for any input.
In general, trigeminal neuralgia is a unilateral disease and occurs because of abnormalities of the trigeminal nerve near the brainstem.  If you're having pain, I would suggest that you follow-up with your surgeon first.  If he/she is not helpful, I would recommend seeing a neurologist to help you.