Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Allergic to water !! please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergic to water !! please help

I have Neurosarcoidosis and Systemic Sarc, and it has destroyed my nervous system.
But for years my Neuro thought I was allergic to soap, I used every sensitive soap made, even all natural. I was on periactin 4mg 3 times a day for 4 years and it must have stopped working? Due to my liver Sarc which is known for causing itching my Cmp is done every week and my liver function is within normal limits.
So I showered with just water and OMG I am in so much pain and severe itching that lasted at least 1 hour and that is even after taking liqud Benadryl before my shower. My Neruo has tried several other drugs like that, Is there anything else I can try.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
If you are on city water, find out what they add to your water.  Just chlorine, or ammonia too?  Get a filter that filters out whichever they add.  The ammonia (chloramine) stuff takes a special filter.  
Blank
Would a steroid shower cream work?  I have a friend who uses that.  I have heard that aloe helps with the dryness from various skin medicines, too.

I have MS and allodynia and water in the shower occasionally feels like acid on my skin.  I used bottled Cetaphil cleanseri the shower and hydrocortisone after the shower.  I have had luck with the steroid shower creams, also.

Best of luck to you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Trigeminal Neuralgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank