Constant lip tingling
Hi! I have had an on-going, on and off tingling sensation, same spot on the vermillion border of my upper lip for years. I had a baby 3 months ago and this tingling sensation is more frequent, will come and go for a couple of days, stop, then come back a week later. I tested positive for HSV-1 but I'm not prone to cold sores (the last one I probably had was when I was a teen). No blisters ever appear but sometimes the area looks slightly red.  Could I constantly be experiencing prodrome/outbreaks or could this be something else? I feel as if I'm constantly infectious and won't allow my baby anywhere near my face. It's been 2 months and it breaks my heart that I feel as if I can't even hug her. Please help.
From what you're describing, this is probably a Dermatology or Herpes community question.  Trigeminal Neuralgia 1 is usually a very painful electric shock, while TN 2 is a constant or burning pain.

As always the best advice is to talk to your doctor, especially if you are concerned about adversely affecting your child.