Aa
A
A
Close
Constant lip tingling
Hi! I have had an on-going, on and off tingling sensation, same spot on the vermillion border of my upper lip for years. I had a baby 3 months ago and this tingling sensation is more frequent, will come and go for a couple of days, stop, then come back a week later. I tested positive for HSV-1 but I'm not prone to cold sores (the last one I probably had was when I was a teen). No blisters ever appear but sometimes the area looks slightly red.  Could I constantly be experiencing prodrome/outbreaks or could this be something else? I feel as if I'm constantly infectious and won't allow my baby anywhere near my face. It's been 2 months and it breaks my heart that I feel as if I can't even hug her. Please help.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
From what you're describing, this is probably a Dermatology or Herpes community question.  Trigeminal Neuralgia 1 is usually a very painful electric shock, while TN 2 is a constant or burning pain.

As always the best advice is to talk to your doctor, especially if you are concerned about adversely affecting your child.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Trigeminal Neuralgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank