Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Do I have ATN?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do I have ATN?

I've been in the ER four times in two weeks, with no answers. Doctor's say I need to see a neurologist, but I have no medical. I've had common migraines since I was about 8/9 years old, But since I've turned 19 I've had very abnormal symptoms. I get migraines where I can't talk, I can't walk and become disoriented, as if I'm drunk. My neck, and head swells, it feels like heavy pressure, tightness, tenderness, and burning on my right side. I also get electrical "shock" sensations all over my body, particularly in my upper body. I've had times where I cannot sleep for days straight. And the "migraines/episodes" hit very suddenly, and I get head pain instantly as I wake-up. On top of all that, I have painful muscle aches everyday, all over my body, but especially in my upper body. I'm starting to get very depressed because of the constant, daily pain, and still NO ANSWERS. I'm a young, full-time college student and it's starting to take a toll on me. I've had CAT scans, but they show nothing. I've been prescribed: neurontin, propranolol, and naproxen. But with no medical it's hard to afford. I have a family history, but nothing is similar to my situation. Overall, my question is: What could possibly be wrong with me? Are there any tests I should get done? And what are possible treatments?