Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Ear pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Ear pain

Can pain from Trigeminal Neuralgia ever effect the ear and ear lobe?
I don't know if it can cause ear pain but I very often have ear with the TN
oh yes indeed it can and does cause ear pain in the earcanal and opening, I also expereience tremendous pain right behind my earloab on my neck,
after all the study of the carnial  nerve (trigminal nerver)  i realized when not only my face hurt but parts of the side of my head,,  crazzzzy pain,,,,,
what di yiu take to help improve your life my blessings are
I had a pelvic mri three years ago and experienced a headache for five days,hot feeling around the pelvic area and my ears were ringing and had some pain.Now my doctor wants me to have another mri and I'm quite uneasy about it.My hearing is extremely sensitive.The sound of the mri machine was driving me crazy from the noise.I felt like getting up and leaving.I didn't of course but actually my experience with an CT scan was easy compared to the MRI.all this with no contrast dye.I'm getting to the point where I'm very tired of going to the doctor and always finding out I  don't have cancer and having all this unneeded pain.I want to live my life now.I don't want to detour others from getting an mri since they might not have side effects but this was my experience and not a pleasant one.
yes it definitely can cause ear pain. I have found that noise is one of my triggers and I do not travel without a pair of earplugs to dull the noise of a loud sporting event or sometimes a restaurant. Sometimes a sharp pain in the ear will just happen without a trigger at all. I hope this is helpful.
I've had triennial neuralgia for 19 years and it does cause horrible ear aches.
I have had TN for over 25 years - all in and around the ear area. Have only taken Tegretol but that causes me to lose the hearing in that ear while I am on the medication. It eventually returns after I stop the med. but the interim of deafness (I'm totally deaf in the other ear - no med related) is one I am finding to be less and less tolerable. What do you take? and have there been any side effects of that or anything else you take?
I was just told I have TN but I believe I also have glossopheayngeal neuralgia. I have an unexplained vision issue that I describe as one eye dilating causing me to have difficulty reading and focusing plus pain in my neck when having an attack. My main pain is in my rt ear when having an attack, but I have a more constant ache. I think my eye and neck go hand in hand. I'm in the beginning stages only one month of meds. I go in Friday and I think they need to increase dose cuz I have breakthrough pain. If anyone can relate or have any adivce please share. Still learning.