Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Headaches

I had shingles about 9 yrs ago and have been suffering with severe headaches ever since. They are getting worse and my doctor is treating me for migraines. I  have tried a lod of meds but nothing seems to work. The pain gets so bad sometimes that i feel like i could bang my head against the wall. I get a lot of ear noise also, like a drilling or wooshing sometimes. I get ear pain and face pain. It is only on the right side of my face.I have had scans done, ear tests done. Everything is clear. I have had injections and acupuncture but no help.  Any answers from anybody. Please help before i go crazy... Thanks
It sounds like trigeminal neuralgia.  Is that what they are calling it?  That is just awful.  Do a search on here for trigeminal neuralgia. Maybe somebody has written about how they got the nerve to calm down.  Hope so.  
There is a version of TN that is caused by shingles -- called post-herpetic trigeminal neuralgia.  It could also be "classic" TN or another type of facial pain.

Sometimes it takes a while to find the right doctor with experience in facial pain.  I went through 5 different doctors before I found #6 -- a Facial Pain specialist - that was able to help me.  You can find a Facial Pain specialist at a large teaching hospital.  These docs deal with facial pain and headaches on a daily basis and have great expertise.

If you haven't already, you may also want to post your question on other communities -- for migraines, neurology, headaches etc -- to get feedback from those communities as well.