MVD - post surgery
I've had 2 surgeries (6/07 & 10/07), the first for Trigeminal Neuralgia, the second to correct problems caused by first. I still have chronic pain although a different kind of pain than that with the TN.  I have pain around and at surgical sight,  base of skull, neck and back, face, jaw, scalp, temples,throat and ear (right side).  It varies in intensity and location yet never goes away.  I still have right-side facial paralysis and am deaf in right ear except for a continuos whistle-like sound that I've still not gotten used to.  I am very prone to ear infections, bronchitis and have frequent sore throats.  Will this all go away, especially the pain?  I'm adjusting to the rest of the mess, but I am struggling to live any sort of life because of the pain.  I forgt to mention fatigue, dizziness and sensitivity to sounds or vibrations and light.
The only time I have a sense of relief is if I am lying down.  The pain isn't as intense and the other symptoms aren't as bad.  Is this what is expected for the rest of my life?  I am only 43 and do not know if I can live like this!  Please tell me what I can do or what time frame I can expect for healing?  I just want to be normal again.  Thank you for your time and consideration and please reply soon   :)    Sincerely, jh

Do you have a titanium plate over surgery site?  Google Melisa, which is a lab that tests for titanium allergy.  Your symptoms fit that problem very closely.  I have been sick for 6 years following my mvd and just discovered this possibilitly.  I was tested and AM positive.  Now I have to see if there's any way to get the plate removed.