Megan Cook TOPIC trigeminal neuralgia and headaches
megan cook  I have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and after three years I am certain this is Atypical trigeminal neuralgia  I have had an MRI scn of the brain and I am having the results tomorrow this is because I have headaches on the side of the neuralgia How can I explain to the specialist about all the nerves on that side of my jaw got damaged during numerous operations in Britain  (all unsuccesful)
If I were you I would organize before seeing the specialist. Jot down each of the operations, the doctor who performed it, the date, the outcome. Having facts ready for the specialist is very helpful to you and to the doctor. I always have a list of facts, medications, and questions when I see my doctor  keeps me focused, which sometimes is hard when you are on meds for TN. Keeps me from forgetting anything important. And keeps me from forgetting those "little things" that sometimes become more important.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.