Microvascular decompression
I had a very succesful MVD in 2000 for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Dtr slightly clipped the nerve and put teflon tape in.   Recently, I experienced a migrane headache with loss of side vision for a short moment.  Next day, bottom left lip (previous trigger point for tn) was completely numb, lasted 24 hours.  Since then have twitch in bottom left lip when tired or stressed.  Has anyone heard of complications post op from the teflon tape or clipping of nerve from MVD surgery?
I have heard from other people on other sites that the teflon moves sometimes.  Best bet would be to talk to your neurosurgeon.
I had microvascular decompression this year and developed complications as a result of it.  The MRI showed spinal fluid leak caused I understand by a break in the dura.  I am completely numb on the entire right side of my face and it is a very uncomfortable feeling.  The doctor who performed the surgery has completely ignored me and has brushed this aside, does not respond to my calls and I feel upset and neglected.  I just want answers so am going to make an appointment with another neurosurgeon to see what is available for relief.