Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Nerve conduction test, will it set off my trigeminal neuralgia???????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Hello ,
I hae been through it! Please, can you answer one question for me? I have to have a sudden nerve conduction study and i have trigeminal neuralgia.  Will that set if off ? the study? Im terrified that it will. I have not found a med to help me. I get to many of the 1% adverse affect. It's tough. My name is Connie and this test has to be done suddenly soon. I would like to know asap. If it will set it off? i will NOT have it done. It has taken me over a yr. for it to settle down and the pain at first was horriable. No word to describe it.
Thank you,
Connie
Is the doctor who ordered this test aware of your TN diagnosis?  Have you contacted the doctor who is treating you for TN?  I think you need to get these two doctors to communicate and alleviate your fears or give you an alternative.