Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Sphenoid sinus disease correlation with TN?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on forum had positive MRI finding of sphenoid sinus disease?  I found it is a part of the trigeminal nerve branches.

Thanks for your input.

Terri
I haven't looked at my MRI/MRAs in a while, but my first electric shock of TN occurred when blowing my congested nose.
What type of pain are you experiencing?  The TN nerve has many sub-branches that touch many parts of the face. A good resource for diagrams of the TN nerve is the online Greys Anatomy book on bartlebys.com, you can google it.
Have you posted your question in the Experts area?  
I just got the results of my MRI after going thru TN and carbamazipine being the only drug that stopped the pain. The MRI showed marked left maxilloary sinus disease which i have no clue about but is the same side of my face that the TN effected. I see an ENT on Dec 12.

Please keep in touch.