Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
Teeth Vibration + Trigeminal Neuralgia-should I worry?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Teeth Vibration + Trigeminal Neuralgia-should I worry?

Hi.  I have been diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia and take Tegretol twice daily.   I also have the sensation of my teeth vibrating as one person posted.  It happens particularly when my medicine is low in my system-right before the next dose.  It does happen other times, but not as intensely.  During the intense times it feels like I imagine a person biting a live electrical wire would feel.    I have told my doctors about this and they don't seem puzzled about it.  I have had 3 MRIs and a CAT scan in the past 2 years to rule out tumors, etc.  

Any thoughts on this?

NWD
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I recall odd sensations right before my dosage time too. Not exactly what you mentioned, but I always knew it was time to take my meds.

If the sensation is bothering you or worrying you, discuss it again with your doctor. It could be something as simple as changing the time you take your dose. It's important to keep the level of the drug consistent in your blood. But this is something your doctor would need to be involved with.

Take care and let us know how it's going.
Blank
I get the tingling too in my gums and in my teeth.  My chiropractor suggested that certain foods I eat my trigger the result.  I am off all sugar, preservatives, wheat, and dairy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Trigeminal Neuralgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...