Things are spinning out of control!
I have suffered from TN for 8 years now. Two MVD surgeries have failed and now I am waiting for a Rhizotomy.
Meanwhile, the pain I'm encountering is unbelievable! Whereas 6 x 200mg of Carbamazepine used to keep things relatively under control, now I am at 17 x 200mg (3,400mg daily) and still suffer from unimaginable pain.
My question is:
What is the most effective dosing schedule should I use for Carbamazepine?
Would that be 4 pills 4 times per day? Or perhaps 5 pills 3 times per day? Or 3 pills 5 times per day (i.e. - Getting up in the middle of the night for a dose.)?
I feel right now my schedule is rather willy-nilly... I don't want to be taking this many pills but I can feel huge pain is coming my way so I take 2 more, etc. Sometimes I "go fetal" I am in so much pain. I try to take some pills but I can't even open my mouth while the electricity is flowing through my face.
Help!
Or put me in touch with somebody who can.
Thank you!
Are you taking generics?  I experienced a problem with generic Trileptal. Kept increasing the dosage, with little relief. Then I started having memory lapses due to the dosage amount. The doc took me off of generic and put me on name brand Trileptal and we were able to reduce the dosage drastically and stop the pain.
As for when to take the drugs, you are right, it's best to keep an even level of the drugs throughout the day.
Best advice, talk to your doctor.
Try acupuncture.  My pain went away for 6 months. No drugs and no pain.