Year of symptoms but no diagnosis
Why do doctors seem reluctant to give diagnosis? I have had TMJ for years, 2 cervical fusions, and many others issues. But, my reg doc and my neuro are reluctant to give this diagnosis but I know for a FACT this is what the problem is because I have been told it by several other doctors including ER doctors! Why?
I have been on Amitriptyline for several years without relief and finally I got the neuro to give me Topamax to help the shocks and nerve pain but he did order brain tests....is this a 'light' at the end of the tunnel?

This discussion is related to Shocks in face.
TN is considered a "rare" disease, so lots of docs ans dentists don't have much experience with it. Personally, I went thru 5 other doctors before I found #6, the one that helped me.

Also, it is a diagnosis of ruling everything else out. I had multiple tests for every disease under the sun.

What type of "brain tests" are they running?

Have you asked your doctors how many TN patients they've dealt with?

Could the docs you meet in the ER give you the name of a doc experienced in treating TN?

What symptoms have convinced you it IS TN?  Personally I'd rather have gotten a different diagnosis. LOL!

Take it easy,
Nancy