Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
alpha-stim for neurological pain.. AFP and Trigeminal Neuralgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

Has anyone heard of them.. I found this site (actually by accident), but I am wondering if would help with Atypical Facial Pain and TN...

Web Site....http://www.alpha-stim.com/
They mention it's like a TENs unit. I don't know anything about this specific brand. But I know some people report that the TENs unit is very helpful in controlling their pain.

Thanks for sharing this. Like all websites promising TN relief, I'd say buyer beware. Do research, like you're doing with your Poll and be careful.
Thanks.. Right now I think I will stick to yoga, hypnosis, and meditation.  BUt I am always on the look out for an alternative, or even Doctor moderated stimulation like this.  Thanks for your response.  No one else the poll yet.
I have heard of TENS but never this. Thanks for the info, I have been reading through the website. Unfortunately I couldn't watch any of the news videos. Lots more to check out of course. Thanks again.
I got a response from someone on the Pain Management forum regarding this. Here is what one user had to say about their own experience with the Alpha Stim:

"You are correct that the Alpha-Stim is very similar to the TENS Unit.  My husband lived on the TENS Unit before he lost his battle with Dioabetes in 1997.  It literally allowed him to work 4 years longer than he otherwise would have been able to.

The Alpha-Stim has 3 different models, from what I can tell.  The Alpha-Stim 100 and the Alpha_Stim SCS (Stress Control System)  are both used for anxiety, depression and insomnia.  The Alpha-Stim PPM (Personal Pain Manager) is designed as an alternative to the TENS Unit for localized pain."