new treatments?
Is there any new treatments available for TN?  I've been in remission for over a year now but have been getting some warning pains that it's about to start back up.  Last medicine used was Lyrica and I wasn't very impressed with it as far as pain reliever.  What it did help with is my anxiety dealing with the attacks.
I have trigeminal neuralgia and am going to try Prolotherapy.  My podiatrist has used it on my foot and knee and suggests it for my face.  I am seeing a D.O. that uses it next week.  Since you said you have issues with your spine, I think this would be a good thing to try.  Check out this site.  http://www.prolonews.com/trigeminal_neuralgia_symptoms.htm
I have also seen where some people get great relief from a cervical spine specialist. . this may aslo be something you could try.  Good luck.
Debbie