Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
skull base pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

skull base pain

been sick for a year.   horrible pain deap inside the base of my skull.  trouble swallowing.   feel like burning in my head. blurred vision.  feel like fainting.  had MRIs and CT...nothing
A CINE (for cinema) MRI to look at cerebrospinal fluid flow would be my suggestion. This would be seen with Chiari Zero and symptoms are the same as Chiari One. Your symptoms are a few of the many listed for Arnold Chiari Malformation.
I have had trig (Trigeminal Neuralgia)  for years diagnosed for 6 of them. Now there realizing what it is. All the E R trips, pain doctors, specialist, medications, therapy, and the docs that thought I was crazy. I feel mistreated very angry the pain in my face, ear, eye, and always in some part of my head. Lets not forget the burning inside my brain. How about that ringing in my ear or the parts of my face that go numb or collapse when they feel like it.There is also the feeling that I'm out of balanced on the in side almost like I'm crooked, some how backwards sideways can't pin how to describe. Sometimes my ears bleed, yup that too. My illness has affected my life severely I feel cheated and the surgery, do you know how expensive that is. The damage in my nerves are beyond trig now. I truly know and understand why they call this the suicide disease. If it were not for my boyfriend or all the pictures of my kids and everyone in my life that i love collaged  on my wall I don't think I would be here any more. There are times I feel like I'm losing my mind.....