Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
teeth chattering pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

teeth chattering pain

I am writing for my wife who has suffered from trigeminal neuralgia for about four years,and she would like to know if anyone in the forum has woke up at night with pain so bad that they were shivering and their teeth were chattering.
                                              Thank You
Hi i am suffering from TN for the past 3 years only diognosed  in the last six months, thank god i sleep most nights as i would go mad if i did't its bad enough having to deal with the pain all day. it has only woke me up a couple of times but not chattering my teeth, maybe it might be a good idea if you get a gum shield made it just might help . i wish you all the very best and hope you will become pain free soon.
carole x
I've never woke up chattering teeth, but I do get cold sweat chills, & have teeth & jaw pain, I have a mouthpiece that I wear @ night cause I clench or grind & also have TMJ.  My TN I've had for many years, I don't mean to scare ya but I'm still trying to find my cure or relief soon, Don't give up, good luck to all. :) tinkris23
Hello, I have suffered terribly from TN for 7 years. This week, I finally nailed down the cause of this insidious evil. I am 99.9% certain MOLD is the culprit. I never had TN until living in Houston after about a year. When I moved from after 6 years, discovered large areas of black mold in my walk in closet and on the side of my bed next to the window on the wall. I never gave it a second thought. I moved to Corpus Christi and was fine for 8 months, then the TN came back with a vengeance. I have recently discovered areas of mold all over my home. My home has a musty smell, with rotting wood inside interior walls, and my walk in closet shows evidence of mold with water damage on the floor. I have also learned that mold loves to attack the respiratory system, but really wreaks havoc with severe damage to the nervous system over longer periods of time. The way TN works, is that mold getting into your bloodstream, expands the size of the blood vessel next to the Trigeminal nerve. This pressure drives the nerve crazy and it explodes with pain. I have had every exact symptom of toxic mold poisoning and have finally realized, that I must find a new mold free place to live because my landlady has refused to acknowledge this as a  serious health problem.. For excellent reading  info, check out mold- help.org. And yes, it is a definite fact, that mold can be directly linked not only TN, but several other degenerative diseases. I would  advise to check your entire home for any damp spots or other hiding places  for mold..What you find, might surprise you.   Sincerely Xzavyur