tip for nausea
My pain meds make me nauseous and sometimes throw up. It's enough that we have pain, but to add that on is sometimes to much to take, isn't it? Well, I tried an over the counter product, Emetrol and it worked wonders for me. It is for children and adults. Just putting the info out there in case it helps someone. Please check with your doctor before adding any OTC medications to your existing prescriptions.
Hope it helps!
J
I was taking Trileptal and experiencing nausea.  My pain doc suggested that I take the meds 1/2 hour to 1 hour before eating.  That stopped the nausea for me.
Thank you nancy. Yes, I do that too, but sometimes it's just not enough or the nausea hits later and eating all day long will surely land me in another forum, lol. The Emetrol works quickly and doesn't have to be taken all the time. As always, everyone is different though, with different drugs, and different reactions to them.
Thank you for your good advice!!
Another "natural" item I found that worked for nausea was Crystallized Ginger.  I found it in the 'natural foods' aisle at the supermarket.  Stops the nausea within moments.