Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
trigeminal neuralgia after wisdom tooth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

To All who wrote in response to my post :

First off, thank you ,
Second , I am now on 200mg Tegretol, 3x a day, 300mg Lyrica 3x a day, and Zoloft 1x a day.

I really need to say that these meds help mildly. I have been to 3 neurologist, 2 oral surgeons, 1 endodontic specialist, and they all agree that that its Traumatic Trigeminal Neuralgia from being butchered by the dentist. He did not know what the hell he was doing, and should have sent me to an oral surgeon. HE caused this. Narcotics do not work. I am scheduled for a nerve block, and if that does not work, my neurologist is already talking surgery. The tooth extraction that I had back in March was BRUTAL. As soon as I came home that day, it had felt like my jaw had been broken, and my teeth/ face were throbbing, also my right ear had felt like the ear drum had exploded . I thought I was going to be deaf in that ear . To this day, I cannot eat right, sleep well, and or talk for long or short periods of time without being in excruciating pain. The glands on the right side of my face ( submandibular level 2 ) have been swolllen since the extraction also. Im being told that it is from the "inflamation (inflammation) " in my Trigeminal nerve. I would really like to know exactlly what the butcher did to my nerve . My life has been  pure hell living with this pain, and being told that I may very well suffer for years to come.
Avatar n tn
Have you ever heard of upper cervical care (specialty of chiropractic) to cure trigeminal neuralgia? Go to www.Uppercervicalcare.com. There is a man named James Tomasi who developed TN after having a root canal and suffered with it for 11-12 years. He was planning to commit suicide when he heard about Upper Cervical Care, went and got and got under care and he now lives pain-free and wants to tell other sufferers about his miracle. I had a really bad knee and was facing my 2nd knee surgery in 2 years when I heard about Upper Cervical Care, started going to the doctor and was off my pain meds the same week. I am now living pain-free . . it is a miracle and want to give you hope that it WILL get better. Go to the website, give it a shot PLEASE! Find a doctor near you and go see him or her. You shouldn't have to survive in a living hell of pain!
Yes, I have heard of it......Thank you , I will check out the web site....right now !
my trigeminal neuralgia was caused during my Hystorectomy, they let the air tube slide into the space where I did not have a tooth.  THe hose was not move for over 3-4 hours, and this and a bad bad tooth extraction has put me into TN hell especially when the wind is cold here in the upper region of the USA.
I went to several dentist begging them to pull every tooth in my mouth just to make the pain stop.  THey were rude to me, thought I was looking for pills.  It took a neurologist to tell me what it was.  THe surgry they wanted to do requires going through part of my brain and may not even work, or may have to be done over and over.  I could lose my hearing, taste, and vision.  I just live with the pain now.
Speak up for your self and take someone with yu to be your advocate at the DRs.