Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
trigeminal neuralgia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to trigeminal neuralgia.

trigeminal neuralgia?

I have a sharp shooting pain in between corner of right eye and nose.  It really only hurts if the slightest touch.  If it is windy or cold outside, I get a terrible pain also.  Sometime it actually gives me a sharp pain in the right side of my head.  I had a ct scan done thinking it was sinus related, and that came back clear.  I went to eye doctor, and he said everything was fine.  My symptoms are not similar to everyone elses, but could it be trigeminal neuralgia?  My pain in not actually in eye, just right on corner between eye and nose?
My pain started when blowing my nose. The pain shot up the side of my nose towards the top of my head. Like you, I had a CT scan thinking it was my sinuses. I went through ENT, dentist, orthodontist, before my internist diagnosed me with TN.

Keep a pain journal. How it feels, how long it lasts, what triggers it, etc. diagnosis is usually from patient description. Of course it could be something else entirely.

Be aware that TN is considered rare and many doctors are unfamiliar. My internist diagnosed it but didn't know enough to increase the drugs enough to stop the pain. Went to my neurologist and again, he didn't know enough to increase the meds. I finally went to a Facial Pain Specialist at a large teaching hospital in the nearest big city. He was the one to finally help me.

So search for the right doctor.  They can control the pain with anti-convulsants (normally used for Epilepsy).

Hoping it's not TN and that it's something easy to fix.
Nancy

It's been a LONG time since you posted--any change or news comcerning yoir condition? BEST, Dan