325?1253886898
Trying to conceive User Group
3rd Cycle of Clomid
About This Group:

Tips, input and support for those trying to conceive. For great information to help in your journey... there are 3 searches I recommend. "The Beautiful Cervix Project", "My Egg and Me" and "Deanna's Plan". Each of them are featured in the first 3 posts in this group! Good Luck & Baby dust to all!!

Founded by Heatherm4 on September 25, 2009
1097 members

3rd Cycle of Clomid

Hey ladies. I've been TTC for a year now at this months end. After 8 months of trying, I decided we needed help, because I have very irregular cycles (sometimes skips a month, sometimes there isn't a real flow). Well, my OBGYN ran some tests, and determined I wasn't ovulating all the time, so he put me on Clomid. The first month I started at 50mg taking it CD 5-9. Tested progesterone CD 21, didn't ovulate. Next month he increased the dosage to 100mg, again taking CD 5-9. Tested progesterone on CD 23, didn't ovulate. This month I took 150mg, still CD 5-9. I went in to get my blood taken to test progesterone levels today (today is CD 23). I won't hear anything probably until next Monday, but right now I feel cramping. I have never had a 28 day cycle, unless I was taking birth control, which I have been off of for over a year now, so I don't know why I'm cramping.

Last night I had some really short, intense twingy crampy feelings in/near my right ovary. And today I feel cramping on both sides. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? I checked CM, and it's tacky, not stringy like ovulation CM. Please help. I'm so exhausted, and I just need some advice on what could be happening.
1 Comment
Hi there,

What you're describing sounds like ovulation pains.  I get them every month, some months are worse than others.  Have you not felt those pains during the other months on Clomid?  If not I would say that this could be a very good sign OF ovulation. :)   Did you notice the "stringy" cm before this? I've also heard that clomid can "dry you" up. Alot of people recommend using pre-seed because clomid can dry up CM.
Not to scare you either but i've also head that Clomid can cause cysts. I have cysts and they feel like that.  I hope it's just ovulation pains though. :)  I'm going to try clomid myself for the first time this month. I start my first one on Wed. it'll be on days 5-9 and 50 mgs.  

Good luck to us both!  I hope you get some answers and I really hope you've ovulated when you get your results back!! :D  Please let me know what they say!  Take Care!
LovemyKids86 commented on K_Bmomma's status
stacey10, and Moma_Cher commented on Grace358's status
retta483, and Shannon79 commented on veronica0808's status