325?1253886898
Trying to conceive User Group
I can't tell if I am ovulating
About This Group:

Tips, input and support for those trying to conceive. For great information to help in your journey... there are 3 searches I recommend. "The Beautiful Cervix Project", "My Egg and Me" and "Deanna's Plan". Each of them are featured in the first 3 posts in this group! Good Luck & Baby dust to all!!

Founded by Heatherm4 on September 25, 2009
1097 members

I can't tell if I am ovulating

DH and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months with no luck. Last month I weaned my daughter from the breast and this will be the first full cycle without nursing. I had suspicions in the past that maybe the breast feeding was suppressing my estrogen levels, but I really can't say for sure. I've been having regular periods for over a year now.

How can I tell if I'm ovulating and when should I ask a doctor about it? I just turned 30 this fall if that makes a difference. I've been using an ovulation kit, but the results are kind of ambiguous. That is, I get a dark line around the time I'm theoretically going to ovulate, but it's never darker than the test line. It's also always different at different times of day, and I'm never sure if I'm taking it at the right time considering how much liquid I drank, when I last pee'd, etc (sorry if TMI). It kind of feels like a waste of money, but then I kind of wonder if it's telling me that I'm not, in fact, ovulating????  Is is possible to have regular periods (like clockwork) and not ovulate?
Have you been able to track your cervical mucous at all?
Usually around Ovulation time it will become more abundant and like egg whites and VERY stretchy.
This month I seemed to have an abundance of watery CM for about a week, but I've always had a hard time figuring out if what I've got really fits the descriptions that I always read about.

I've been thinking maybe that I'm ovulating later that predicted from a calendar. When I got pregnant with DD I found out I was ovulating 10 days before my next period. Rather than cd 14 or so it was more like cd 18-20 of a 29-30 day cycle. I noticed this time my DH and I have quit trying a little early, right around cd 15-16. We tried to continue longer into my cycle this month, but it's really hard to work around our schedules. Fingers crossed. I should know in a week if we made it.
I ovulate later but I have a longer cycle. About 32-33 days. Don't go by a calendar, go by your body. A calendar just gives you the standard 14 days.
There's something called a leutal phase and that's the time between when you ovulate and when you get AF. If it is shorter than 12 days then it's called a leutal phase defect. There's ways to help fix it and one of them I do believe is taking Evening Primrose Oil which should be taken from the time of your period up to ovulation. Also take vitamin B6...this will also help even things out.
I think 10 days is on the brink of a defect but just in case you could try those things :)
Oh and as far as CM. If you get some between your finger and your thumb...rub it a tiny sec and stretch it out. If it sticks and stretches between your fingers a bit or up to an inch then that's the good stuff!!
Sounds gross but that's a part of the game I guess! lol
Thanks for you help. I'm still not pregnant. :( maybe this month? I've been trying to pay attention to CM and I think I ovulated a little earlier this month, like day 14 (fingers crossed). Today is day 17 when I'd usually ovulate and the CM was cloudy yesterday. I think that means I am done ovulating. Just when i think I'm starting to know my body it changes. If I am not pregnant this month I will try the Primrose oil.
Sheaby commented on krichar's status
13 mins ago
Sheaby commented on Sheaby's status
18 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on Dairy Free
1 hr ago