325?1253886898
Trying to conceive User Group
RE office in NYC
About This Group:

Tips, input and support for those trying to conceive. For great information to help in your journey... there are 3 searches I recommend. "The Beautiful Cervix Project", "My Egg and Me" and "Deanna's Plan". Each of them are featured in the first 3 posts in this group! Good Luck & Baby dust to all!!

Founded by Heatherm4 on September 25, 2009
1091 members

RE office in NYC

Got the information packet from the RE office and is all so overwhelming..! Anybody from NYC, do you know about the Center for Women's Reproductive Care at Columbia University, my OBGYN, specifically Dr. Janet Choi, she's the one recomended by my OBGYN.

Any feedback?
Tags: NYC, RE
1 Comment
Hi! While I don't live in NYC and unfamiliar with the recommended RE, I just began the process myself.  I'd love to correspond and keep in touch with you.

Yes, I got the information packet, too - overwhelming indeed.  The bottom line, though, is to make sure you and your DH feel comfortable with your RE during your initial consultation, have initial feelings of trust and competency, and that you have an open dialogue. Also, observe the other staff, like the physician's assistant assigned to Dr. Choi (if you get to meet) and the front desk staff.  (I was able to ask more questions about insurance coverage and costs of tests to gain a better understanding of what we were in for - as you may know it can be pricey even if its partially covered by insurance.)  You should be getting the full package of a good relationship.  If not, then get another recommendation.  
Yrmacias commented on Yrmacias's status
19 mins ago
Lynniepooh, and KeeLolo commented on Lynniepooh's status
Sheaby commented on photo