325?1253886898
Trying to conceive User Group
TTC more than one year
About This Group:

Tips, input and support for those trying to conceive. For great information to help in your journey... there are 3 searches I recommend. "The Beautiful Cervix Project", "My Egg and Me" and "Deanna's Plan". Each of them are featured in the first 3 posts in this group! Good Luck & Baby dust to all!!

Founded by Heatherm4 on September 25, 2009
1096 members

TTC more than one year

Hello everyone!

I am TTC for one year and two months now.
I have just one ovary, because I had endo, cysts and tumor on the other one, so it was removed during a laparoscopic procedure. Before I started TTC I was on Yasmin pills for five years, so that I can "protect" my other ovary from cysts/endo.
So, my question is: Is it time for insemination or should I wait couple of months more before taking any medical actions and continue TTC on natural way, considering that my body wasn't able to adjust after stopping with Yasmin pills and starting TTC imediatelly?
If anyone had similar experience or has some advice, please write.

Thank you in advance!

Are you having periods at all or is that still out of wack? If your not having periods your not ovulating.

Thank you for your post!

I have periods and they are regular since I've stopped with Yasmin pills. I didn't have any problems with that. My cycles are about 26 to 28 days.
Well more than likely you are ovulating. How often are y'all having sex? My sister in law had a overy removed and thought her chances of becoming pregnant were low and fell pregnant 3 months later. Has your husband sperm been tested?
We try to have intercourse often, like every second day, and I track my fertile days. My husband tested his sperm and everything is ok. But the doctor said he should take Speman pills, to improve it even more.
So, we are going to try couple of months more, and if nothing happens, we will try insemination, like my doctor suggested.
I wish u the best Hun. Yea if it doesn't happen I would deffanitly do that. Sounds like your on the right track so far..
Thank you!
Have a nice day!
I was wondering but have you used ovulation test? I ordered me some off amizon pretty cheap. My prob is my dh works out tow( truck driver) and since coming off the pill my periods are 27-32 days. And he's only home 2 or 3 days out of the month :(    
I haven't used ovulation test, but I use online ovulation calculator that helps me predict the days of ovulation and the most fertile days. Here is the link: http://www.webmd.com/baby/healthtool-ovulation-calculator
I track my ovulation days and I can recognize them by increased sex drive, changes in the cervical mucous and pain in the ovary, also sensitive and painful breasts...
He is home only two or three days in the month?! Oh, you sure miss him a lot! :-( And he can't always be there exactly when you are in your ovulation days. You must make some kind of plan if you are TTC!
But, don't worry too much, because the experience shows that when you are relaxed and don't think about it you will get pregnant. I know how hard it is not to think about it when you are trying, but we must put up with lots of different things when TTC so it can work at the end! I just hope it will turn positive soon for the both of us and all those who are trying! ;-)
Yea it's hard him being gone. He said though if I do get pregnant he's coming home to stay. That he doesn't want to miss me being preg.Yea he's trying to make it where he's home close to the big o lol.  Reason why I asked if you had used ovulation test is I have heard people ovulating way before or way after they expected that you can't really go by that calendar.
Yes, I know that, so I track the symptoms of ovulation and I don't always go by the online ovulation calculator, but sometimes it's accurate.
Thanks for your responses to my question!
I recommend using Clear blue ovulation kits and no those calenders are not exactly on to your cycle your ovulation dates could be different then it suggests on that calender. I wish you both the best and hope you do get a precious gift soon. But I would use that ovulation kit it was accurate with me. When you get the smiley face and you have sex that day then if your egg catches the sperm the next day for me it didnt show a smiley face. It says on the box the two best days to conceive you will get smiley faces. I only got one and the next day it wasnt a face anymore. And it turned out I was pregnant after that. Just a little tid bit. And keep your doctors informed no matter what. They are going to do everything they can to help.
I ordered the Waldo ovulation strips off amizon they were 20 $ after shipping for 50 strips. I got my surge yesterday and dh is home till tue!!  There great if you wanna test 2 or 3 times a day so you don't miss your surge. Hopefully I will get a bfp in 2 weeks
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
Hollus commented on photo
TinaR10 commented on photo