325?1253886898
Trying to conceive User Group
What are healthy sperm supposed to look like?
About This Group:

Tips, input and support for those trying to conceive. For great information to help in your journey... there are 3 searches I recommend. "The Beautiful Cervix Project", "My Egg and Me" and "Deanna's Plan". Each of them are featured in the first 3 posts in this group! Good Luck & Baby dust to all!!

Founded by Heatherm4 on September 25, 2009
1097 members

I've been wondering this for a bit and finally decided to post it. sorry if this is tmi! I have noticed after i BD that there is a really thick sticky half-white half-clear sperm as well as a more liquidy, cloudy colored sperm. I'm wondering what healthy sperm are supposed to look like. Is there something wrong? or am i just being paranoid :P

any responses would be great! thanks
Tags: sperm, healthy
i never read that just looking at sperm with the naked eye could tell  you anything.  The only way I have ever heard or read about was having it checked in lab after a donation was made.

Having your partner's sperm checked is one of the first things that should be done to check for infertility issues.  
can his healthy sperm change in two years? we have conceived once before, but unfortunately I miscarried, but this was two years ago. so I am hoping all his little swimmers are still working properly like they were. I was just having a little doubt because I conceived before, and now i've been trying since feb and still nothing.
There are many factors that could have changed since you last were pg.  Your hormone levels, he could have a lower sperm count, etc.

How long have you been active in ttc?  If under 35, then a year is what they say to give it.  If over 35, 6 months.  Is seeing your GYN or a fertility doctor (RE) something you would consider?  Just even to get baseline testing done, I think can be done through your GYN.  Like getting an HSG, his sperm analysis and basic blood work to rule out or in certain problems that could be preventing pg.
retta483 commented on Monday 7/28/14
11 mins ago
TinaR10, Moma_Cher, and Shannon79 commented on Moma_Cher's status
37 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on jugglin's status
39 mins ago