325?1253886898
Trying to conceive User Group
advice needed re: 1st gyno appointment
About This Group:

Tips, input and support for those trying to conceive. For great information to help in your journey... there are 3 searches I recommend. "The Beautiful Cervix Project", "My Egg and Me" and "Deanna's Plan". Each of them are featured in the first 3 posts in this group! Good Luck & Baby dust to all!!

Founded by Heatherm4 on September 25, 2009
1099 members

advice needed re: 1st gyno appointment

Hi, so I need some advice, I have my 1st appointment with a gynecologist next week and am at the point where I don't even know what I need to ask.
Do I tell the gyno my story and he tells me any options I might have or do I have to tell him what tests I want? My gp is no help, she tells me I'm fine and to go on a holiday and all will work out. I understand the statistics on conceiving but its so hard being told to sit tight and wait.
Abit of history on me:
My partner and I have been ttc for about 13 months, I managed to conceive in march last year but it ended in a missed miscarriage and blighted ovum, I had a d&c at 9.5wks, then a month later I had another d&c due to retained product, then a week later I was hospitalised due to severe bleeding from the 2nd d&c.  As advised we waited 2 months before trying again, my cycles went back to 28 days but it just seems like nothing is happening. I don't track anything except when my cycle starts (doctor told me to stop as I was 'stressed'), I stopped coming on medhelp and facebook to help reduce any 'stress', we have regular sex, my partner had his sperm tested and all came back fine. The last 3 cycles have been longer than usual so now my gp thinks my hormones might be out of whack and agreed to refer me to a gynecologist.
Does anybody have any suggestions for what I should ask the gyno? Or will he know where to start?
your gyno will know where to start he/she will want to know your history etc and will probably get you to start tracking your cycles to confirm ovulation, if yu dont its abit hit-and-miss with trying to get pregnant, at the least you should be using opks and checking for signs of fertile cm :)
Thanks for your reply :)
I had been using opk but my gp told me to stop as she thought that was stressing me out, I don't think it was but I tried what she said. Im pretty sure I ovulate around the same time each month as I get quite a strong pain that would indicate ovulation (even when I was using opk I got this pain). Thanks again for ur reply.
Amandag78 commented on photo
55 mins ago
weaver71 commented on photo
1 hr ago
spider6 commented on photo
1 hr ago