advice needed re: 1st gyno appointment
Hi, so I need some advice, I have my 1st appointment with a gynecologist next week and am at the point where I don't even know what I need to ask.
Do I tell the gyno my story and he tells me any options I might have or do I have to tell him what tests I want? My gp is no help, she tells me I'm fine and to go on a holiday and all will work out. I understand the statistics on conceiving but its so hard being told to sit tight and wait.
Abit of history on me:
My partner and I have been ttc for about 13 months, I managed to conceive in march last year but it ended in a missed miscarriage and blighted ovum, I had a d&c at 9.5wks, then a month later I had another d&c due to retained product, then a week later I was hospitalised due to severe bleeding from the 2nd d&c.  As advised we waited 2 months before trying again, my cycles went back to 28 days but it just seems like nothing is happening. I don't track anything except when my cycle starts (doctor told me to stop as I was 'stressed'), I stopped coming on medhelp and facebook to help reduce any 'stress', we have regular sex, my partner had his sperm tested and all came back fine. The last 3 cycles have been longer than usual so now my gp thinks my hormones might be out of whack and agreed to refer me to a gynecologist.
Does anybody have any suggestions for what I should ask the gyno? Or will he know where to start?
your gyno will know where to start he/she will want to know your history etc and will probably get you to start tracking your cycles to confirm ovulation, if yu dont its abit hit-and-miss with trying to get pregnant, at the least you should be using opks and checking for signs of fertile cm :)
Thanks for your reply :)
I had been using opk but my gp told me to stop as she thought that was stressing me out, I don't think it was but I tried what she said. Im pretty sure I ovulate around the same time each month as I get quite a strong pain that would indicate ovulation (even when I was using opk I got this pain). Thanks again for ur reply.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
desderius valencia etuna was born on ... Comment
mandaszoo commented on photo
Aug 22
KeeLolo commented on photo
Aug 22