Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
12 year old vomiting for a year

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

12 year old vomiting for a year

I have a 12 year old son. He has been vomiting intermittently for the past year. He was better during the summer months but as I write (March) has been sick and getting worse for three months.
He has has an MRI, allergy tests, bacterial tests and a scan to check that there is no internal blockage etc. ALL negative. He isn't stressed (apart from by being ill).
Sickness generally occurs at night, he has bouts of severe vomiting even if there is nothing in his stomach. He looks very pale and needs loads of sleep, will sleep well into the afternoon if he can. Obviously losing weight, says he feels dizzy but no huge abdominal pain.
We are really worried as the hospital seem as confused as we are. They prescribe medication to settle his stomach, it helps a bit but doesn't stop the problem.
If anyone has experienced something similar and got a diagnosis then I would appreciate your help.
Tags: vomiting, 12 years old, undiagnosed
Did you do warm test on him?  especially in kids cause they love to put dirty hands in their mouth, rare meat, sushi... have a lot warms
My daughter had some similar symptoms and was misdiagnosed for over 2 years. She would vomit alot and unlike your son she experienced alot of stomach discomfort. They said she just had a nervous stonach at first and then gave her Prevacid, which did nto help much at all. Finally they decided to do a Endoscopy and found that she had H-Pylori, which was a bacterial infection. I was curious if they have done and Endoscopy on your son or not. That was the only way that we found out exactly what it was. They prescribed 2 very strong antibiotics and the previcid for two weeks and she felt much better, back to herself for the most part. I don't know if this helps at all but good luck and keep being persistant until you get the answers that "YOU" are satisfied with. Best of luck to you and your son.
Hi, He has been tested for bacterial infections and worms. At the moment he is on the waiting list for a gastroscopy and to see a neurologist in case it is cyclic vomiting syndrome. He is getting steadily worse, a 'normal' night would be two intense bouts of vomiting, he stays in bed asleep until around 4 in the afternoon. He has an appointment with his gastric specialist tomorrow but this is just to see hm and monitor his weight loss, not because they have any new ideas.