1st UTI, getting better - But now vaginal bleeding?!
i got my 1st uti five days ago, and a week before that i just had my period. i've been drinking cranberry, taking cran pills and oregano oil straight since then and i think its getting better. i stings less when i pee, but i still have pressure in my abdomen.   yesturday, i made the mistake of going shopping, and i had to really really hold my bladder.  finally when i made it to the bathroom i noticed clotted blood in my undies.  i know some times uti's cause blood, and for 3 days i did have a little bit when i whiped.  its gotten worst since then. and i know it is coming straight out of my vagina. i can see it really dripping then i pee. two different areas!   i am so confused.    could have i tricked my self into haveing an extra period?   - its too much blood!

The blood that you had while peeing can be due to irregular vaginal bleeding.Is the bleeding present only during peeing or is it present during other times also?Blood present in UTI is not so copious in amount.If the bleeding is due to irregular menstrual bleeding then various causes have to be looked into.These include high level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style, PCOS and fibroid uterus.

However, without examaintion confirmation of a diagnosis is tough.So I feel that you should get a complete urine examaintion and urine culture and if the bleeding does not stop,then a pelvic examaintion from a gynecologist to confirm a diagnosis.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.