Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
2 Herniated discs lower back, 2 Herniated discs in my neck, and a pinch...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

2 Herniated discs lower back, 2 Herniated discs in my neck, and a pinched nerve.

I was in an accident in November of 2009 and was left with numerous injuries. I didnt realize the severity of the injuries until I got my MRI done. I was left with 2 Herniated discs in my lower abck, 2 herniated discs in my neck, and a pinched nerve in my back. I am also very very weak on my right side of my body due to the pinched nerve, and have very little range of motion in my neck . The sad part of it all is that I am only 22 and have a 3 yr old to care for and its sooo difficult. Its amzing how this one little car accident changed my entire life. I am scheduled for spinal injections and am terrified. I am asking for any suggestions as to managing the pain I am in. I am always hurting but I dont want to take viccodine anymore because I'm afraid to get addicted, but unfortunately its the only thing helping me right now to eliviate the pain. This is a mojor part of my life and I dont know how to caope with it. I am getting depressed because I feel I am not the same person anymore. Can someone please give me advice or just talk with me?
Thank You!
I have no idea what to say to help you ...but if you need someone to vent or chat with Im here. ok!
awww... thanks a bunch.... its just hard to talk with my hubby. Noone really knows what the pain is like, so its hard for some to understand the situation in full.
its soo nice to talk to someone once in a while you kno. :)
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You should go by what your neurologist advices. The various treatment modalities are medicines, physical therapy, acupuncture, epidural injections and surgery. If everything fails then laminectomy or disectomy can be tried. I understand you are very young and have a small child to look after. Since you are young, age is on your side. This will help heal things faster.  Take care!
Thank you very much!
I am hoping for the best. I know the pain will never fully go away, but I just want it eleviated. Hopefully these injections help if not the next step is surgery I am told.
Thank you again!
Hi Jessica. I have good news for you!
Herniated discs by themselves DO NOT cause pain.They can cause muscle weakness and other nerve dysfunction but not pain!   Definitely.
You could be a candidate for TMS. Check it out!  Tension Myositis Syndrome is a condition, where most of the back pain is a result of the mind's interference with normal functioning of nerves and blood circulation to muscles. I believe the expert on this is Dr. Sarno if you want to  research. This condition would be much easier to deal with.
A good Energy Healer in your area would be able to help you clear that up along with the emotional trauma of the accident that is held somewhere within your body.
Also read my reply to jennybates for more info on pain management.
Blessings to you and your family
Nikodicreta
thanks .... im sooo glad I found this site because I'm getting different possibilities as to what I may have.
Thank You again :)
Actually, the pain may fully go away.

You need to consult with a pain specialist.

Sometimes (not always) the treatment is to exercise through the limits of pain. Normally, pain is something that tells a person they will injure themselves if they move past a pain limit. In the case of cervical injuries, this often means that the movement of the head becomes more and more constricted, until you have a paralyzed arm, are unable to move your fingers, and have a "frozen shoulder".

I do  not advise you to begin such exercises on your own, but seek ther advice of a pain specialist with experience in cervical injuries.
Jessica,
     I am one that can understand your pain. I too, have been in a auto accident that, took my life, literally. God is the only one who brought me back. This left me with 69 treatments over 19 months. Yes, I had the injections, and they DID help me. I was able to cut the pain medications almost in half. I, just had another nerve block today, as a matter of fact. Though, this was due to a broken coxis bone, Tailbone I broke Christams night. Listen Jessica, Prayer is the only Key, but give the nerve block a try. You cannot lose doing so.
Thank you for your advise.
I am going to try the first one but if i feel it didnt do anything good, then I'm not getting the second and third. But if it does help then I will definately get the last two. I am very open minded to what everone has to tell me because a little of everyting just might work.
Thank You,
-Jessica