Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
2 Questions!!! Heart racing/palpitations, and sudden memory loss, vert...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

2 Questions!!! Heart racing/palpitations, and sudden memory loss, vertigo/headaches.

Hey everyone!  My nickname is AJ.  I'm a 22 year old female from PA.  I am adopted and know nothing about my health history, etc. just in case you were wondering.  

I have two different questions for ya.  I would love if anyone had any advice for me :)

1)  I've been having several major episodes within this past year where my heart will race and has palpitations.  I also feel very short of breath when this happens and it's very scary.  It will speed up and I can feel/see it beating in my chest.  It usually lasts only 10 seconds or so.  Nothing specific is triggering it.  In fact the one time it happened to me, I was just lying down in bed.  I didn't feel like I was anxious for any reason during these times.  I'm also not a big caffeine drinker.  I know those 2 things could sometimes be common causes of the palpitations.  I didn't know if I should go get it checked out or just kind of see how things go.  If anyone has any suggestions on where I should go from here, that would be greatly appreciated.

2)  I have had past episodes of vertigo.  So bad that I had to just lay in bed, and couldn't even turn my head to the side or the room would start spinning again.  I got this checked out about a year ago, and they said it was probably just BPV and would go away on its own.  It has only been back one time since, and it wasn't near as bad...so that was reassuring.  I wasn't sure if these episodes were related to this large bump on the back, right side of my neck.  It would cause this shooting pain up to the right side of my head.  I would get these really severe one-sided headaches.  They haven't been as severe recently, but they were pretty bad when I was having that sharp right sided neck pain radiating up to the right side of my head (usually)...sometimes it would be all over (right AND left).  But recently I have been having some sudden memory loss I guess you could call it.  For example, I will be telling my mom a story about something that happened earlier today, and I'll be telling the story, and have to stop and be like............wait, I forget what I was going to say.  It's honestly really scary.  And it's been happening...a lot.  Very often.  It's like my brain just goes blank or something.  It's been happening alot...and I never used to have this problem.  It's just within this few months I would say.  I know this all may sound pretty uneventful, but it's just so not like my usual self.  I hate to say it, but sometimes I'm scared it could be a brain tumor or something.  I swear, I'm not a hypochondriac haha...but it's really beginning to worry me.

If anyone has any ideas, comments, suggestions, that would be great.

Thank you so much for your time!

~*AJ*~
1 Comment
Oh and I forgot...I'm not on any medications currently.  And allergic to sulfa.