2 months post [adult] tonsilectomy- voice still off
For those of you who have had a tonsilectomy as an adult or for those of you who have known and adult who have had a tonsilectomy in their adult years:

I will soon be 2 months post my tonsilectomy surgery and I still don't sound right, kind of congested ("throaty") sounding. Healing had been slow and I have chronic sinus congestion. Having said that, I can not blame my congestion (for which I do clear-still sound the same) as this has been a long problem and didn't affect my voice prior, hence don't expect it to now.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you or any adult you have known- had this same condition this far after this surgery?

I wouldn't mind this so much, if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't quite feel right either. The same that you (for those who haven't had this surgery) would experience with abit of a head cold. Not only can you hear it but feel it to. This is the best way that I can describe it.

Thanks for any response.

Kate
Hi Kate,
       I just wanted you to know that you are not alone with ur voice, i had my tonsills removed a year ago now, and i still feel that certain words dont sound right eg- BALL, WALL, i feel that im straining the back of my throat when i say them, although people say it sonds ok, i no how i feel.
       Ive been back to the Drs about it, but they were useless. I hope this gives you some re-assurance.
                     Sarah
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.